What We Believe
OM's role in the body of Christ is to motivate, develop and equip people for world evangelization, and to strengthen and help plant churches, especially among the unreached in the Middle East, South and Central Asia and Europe.
OM's Statement of Faith
- We believe that the Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments in their original texts, are fully inspired by the Holy Spirit, without error, and are the final authority for the Church.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the absolute deity and full humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe in His virgin birth, His sinless life, the authenticity of His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection and His present mediatorial work in heaven.
- We believe in the personality and deity of the Holy Spirit. We believe He gives life, He sanctifies, He empowers and comforts all believers.
- We believe that man was originally created sinless. Tempted by Satan, man fell and thereby brought the whole race under the condemnation of eternal separation from God.
- We believe that man is saved through repentance and faith in the finished work of Christ. Justification is through grace alone.
- We believe that the Church is the body of Jesus Christ composed of all true believers. The present work of the Church is the worship of God, the perfecting of the saints and the evangelisation of the world.
- We believe in the personal and bodily return of the Lord Jesus Christ to consummate our salvation and establish His glorious Kingdom.
OM's Core Values
- Knowing and glorifying God
- Living in submission to God's Word
- Being people of grace & integrity
- Serving sacrificially
- Loving & valuing people
- Evangelising the world
- Reflecting the diversity of the body of Christ
- Global intercession
- Esteeming the church
Partnership with Other Ministries
and Local Churches
OM is an interdenominational organisation that highly values the local church. Every OMer is sent from and supported by their local church. Internationally, OM seeks to encourage and resource the church, and where no churches exist, we aim to plant locally-led ones. OM also works closely with a number of other Christian organisations. In fact, many have sprung from OM over the last 50 years.